PMI Dilution Probe
PMI Dilution Probe
PMI Dilution Probe for In-Situ Sampling Conditioning of Stack Gases
The Dilution Probe performs four critical functions to prepare the sample from the stack or process, so it can be measured accurately and precisely by the analyzer. The probe uses an air driven aspirator which extracts the sample from the stack or process. It is then passed consecutively through coarse and fine particulate filters, a pre selected glass or metal critical orifice, and finally diluted with the air from the aspirator. This process has now reduced the dew point of the sample to below that of the ambient air, preparing the sample so that it can be transported via an unheated line to the analyzer up to 300 feet away.
There are two models of the Dilution Probe available, differing only in the type of mounting flange. Model PMI-3200, equivalent to the EPM 0797.302, has a 1.8” flange drilled and tapped with four mounting holes. Model PMI-3300 (equivalent to EPM 0797.303) has a threaded flange for easy use with extension tubes.
- Low Cost Installation, Maintenance and Operation
- Low Extractive Flow Rates, Promotes Long Filter Life
- Made of Corrosion Resistant Materials
- Can be used in Explosion Proof Areas
- No Requirement for Heated Sample Line
- No Moving Parts Anywhere in the System
- Easy Dynamic In-Situ Calibration of Dilution System
- Diluted Sample is Transported at Positive Pressures
- Can be Used with Any Existing Ambient Air Analyzer
- Manual or Optional Automatic Blow Back, Back Flushes Coarse Filter PMI-3000 Probe
A) Material of Construction:
- The Eductor Housing, Mantle, Filter Cap and Flange (the “Wetted Parts”) are Fabricated from Inconel® 600, a Corrosion Resistant
- Nickel-Chromium Alloy.
- The Heat Exchanger and the Four Inlet/Outlet Tubes are
- Fabricated from Grade 316 Stainless Steel.
B) Maximum Operating Temperature:
- 750o F (400o C) with standard glass orifice.
- 1,100o F (600o C) with special metal orifice – call PMI for details.
- Vacuum and Calibration lines 0.125” OD.
- Dilution Air and Sample out lines 0.25” OD.
- All lines supplied with 0.25” OD tube fitting attached.