XC-6000EM MercSampler™ Console
XC-6000EM MercSampler™ Console
The XC-6000EM MercSampler™ meter console captures all data necessary for paired sorbent trap sampling in accordance with PS 12B or Method 30B by simplifying sampling requirements through the automation of data acquisition, sample flow adjustments, leak checks, calculations, temperature control, and calibrations. Data is easily transferred to a Windows based PC through Ethernet and can be monitored remotely through modbus connectivity. The meter console controls the sample flow rate proportional to the stack flow rate and determines the standardized volume extracted through each sorbent trap. The XC-6000 firmware (embedded software) has been designed to utilize the technical features of the RISC based microchip micro-controllers which provide decision making as well as precise ‘autonomous’ control of the console while the laptop or PC is not connected.
All applicable components are rated 120V/60Hz or 240V/50Hz.
- User-Friendly Software and Firmware.
- Easy Data Export (Text and CSV files).
- Configurable System Alarms (Dry Contact Closure/Piezo Alert).
- Quarterly Audit Calibration Check (Optional Audit/Cal Kit).
- Remote Input for External Test Pause and Resume.
Dry Gas Meters:
- Model SK25EX series, positive displacement type.
- 0.7 liter per revolution.
- Optical encoder sensor with quadrature pulse output.
- 8 digit LCD Display, 1 cc resolution.
- BTC Diaphragm, Brush-less Motor – 12 VDC, 20” Hg Vacuum, 10,000 hour MTBF, 3900 RPM, Max. PSIG 24”.
Sample Flow Control:
- Stainless steel sample manifolds fitted with mass flow sensors, vacuum sensors, and proportional valves.
- Proportional or constant flow sampling.
- Mass Air Flow: proportional flow control, 200 to 2400 ccm, port style, manifold mount.
- Proportional Valve: Voltage Sensitive Orifice (VSO), 12 VDC.
Data Acquisition Control Board (DAC):
- Enhanced Flash 16 bit RISC based microcontrollers; main and Digital Signal Processing (DS). Real time clock with auto backup and write protection to external SRAM.
- High Speed 14bit A/D convertor with parallel DSP interface.
- SD Memory Card for data storage – stores up to 99 tests (30 day test runs). Embedded Ethernet Port with full TCP/IP Protocol and 256 bit encryption.
- USB 2.0 Comm Input connection.
- Accepts Type K Thermocouple inputs; input protection includes gas discharge tubes for ESD and surge protection.
- 11 Pic Microcontrollers, 1 for each channel and MUX circuitry.
- MUX Circuitry to receive multiple inputs and transmit selected output.
- 10 microcontrollers, one for each optically isolated channel.
Integrated Temperature Control:
- Designed into DAC for probe/trap heat control output via 25 amp SSR.
Barometric Pressure: 600 to 1100 mbar, 17.7 to 32.4” Hg, temperature compensated, amplified output.
Vacuum: 0 to 30” Hg, 0 to 101 kPa, 2% accuracy.
- PC user interface via Ethernet, USB, or optional wireless router.
- Remote access and control via onboard configurable router to owner’s Network Computer.
- TCP/IP MODBUS (ASCII or RTU) Communications to the DAHS.
- Interface to DAHS system via TCP/IP Modbus.
Weight: 34 lbs. (15.5 Kg).
Dimensions: HxWxD 14” x 19” x 15.5” (35.56 cm x 48.26 cm x 39.37 cm).