XD-502 Digital Method 5 Sampling Console
XD-502 Digital Method 5 Sampling Console
The XD-502 Gen 2, released in 2021, is the latest installation in the Apex Instruments Peak 32 series, powered by the PIC32 microcontroller module and featuring a sunlight-readable backlit display.
This all-in-one digital metering console houses numerous features to increase convenience and efficiency in the same compact, lightweight body as the first generation.
The console allows operators to monitor gas velocity, temperatures, pressures, sample flow rates, and volumes. It can be adapted to other procedures including Methods 2, 4, 17, 23, 26A, 29, 201A, and 202.
Features and Benefits:
Sample run K’ Factor stored in console settings
The 502 Gen 2 makes it easier than ever to maintain isokinetic sampling conditions by storing the sample K’ Factor in the console settings. It calculates and presents a live display of the target ΔH using the ΔP measurement. Stack testers can instantly see the target ΔH without the need to manually recalculate on the stack for each traverse point.
Timer control option for pump
The console provides an option to control the pump with the sample run timer. If desired, it can be set up to turn the pump on and off when the timer starts or stops.
Gen 2 is the first console to offer built-in Wi-Fi. The built-in Wi-Fi module gives operators the ability to view data, operate the console, and export data without being physically tethered to the console.
Mobile access is another revolutionary feature of the 502 Gen2. Mobile access allows operators to monitor console data, including all sensors and times, in real-time from a mobile device.
USB data export
USB data export port allows for easy data retrieval without relying on a laptop.
Traverse point alarm
A traverse point alarm has been added to the front of the console in the form of a physical buzzer. The buzzer has an adjustable level and alerts the stack tester of upcoming traverse points and lets them know when the probe needs to be moved to the next traverse point.
Lifetime DGM counter
A non-resettable DGM volume has been added to the firmware to record the “lifetime” value of the DGM. The maximum volume will follow the same maximum allowed on the SK25EX DGMs (i.e. 9999.9999 mᶾ).
Multiple language support
Software and data export can now be translated to a growing list of languages.
Our new backlit sunlight-readable display is programmed specifically for isokinetic sampling. With easy-to-navigate menus and quick response times, the display allows stack testers to:
- Set and manage traverse point data collection
- Configure the saving of periodic data points
- Set markers for stack testing events
- Convenient maintenance of isokinetic sampling with timer, ΔH, ΔP, and volume display screen
- Perform leak checks before, during, and after collection
- Stores all data collection to be exported later
Main Screen Navigation
• Displays eight temperature readouts simultaneously for faster data recording and measurement
• Traverse point tracking to help you stay on track during your test
Operations Options Menu
- Adjustable ΔP and ΔH damping and damping bands to reduce errors caused by source fluctuations
- Set traverse times and periodic data captures based on your specific sampling needs
- Easily switch between measurement unit types
XD-502 Software (Optional)
The XD-502 Software was specifically designed to complement and enhance the productivity of isokinetic stack sampling. While optional, the software is helpful in performing a sampling test. Using this intuitive and reliable software, the stack tester will be able to:
- Export the data collection to an easily readable Excel File
- Perform all necessary stack sampling functions
- Observe all stack testing measurements in one place
- Tune calibrations as needed according to regulations
- Quick and easy sampling train calibrations
Display: 4×20 character back-lit transflective liquid crystal display with a toggle between timer, total volume, delta P, delta H or 8-channel TC readout
Dry gas meter: Model SK25EX, multi-chamber positive displacement meter (fitted with a quadrature encoder), Qmax for air 4.1 m3/h at 220 Pa, Qmin 0.26 L/min resolution 0.002 Liter, cyclic volume 0.7 L, 41 LPM max, 400 pulses per revolution, accuracy 1.5% at volumes greater than 10 liters, type-K thermocouple for exit temperature
Flow indicator: Precision-machined stainless-steel orifice with a pressure transducer, range 0 – 5 inH2O (1245 Pa) resolution of 0.01” (1 Pa)
Temperature measurement: 8-channel individually isolated type-K thermocouple meter, °C/°F selectable, -200 °C to 1372 °C range. (-328 °F to 2502 °F)
Probe temperature control: Compact, 1/32 DIN auto-tuning indicating temperature controller with separate 25-amp solid-state relay; type-K jack for input
Digital pressure transducers:
- ΔP +/- 1.0” (+/-249 PA) and +/- 10.0” (+/-2491 Pa) range bi-directional with 0.001” (1 Pa) resolution
- ΔH +/-5.0” (+/-1245 Pa) range bi-directional with 0.01” (1 Pa) resolution
(ΔP automatically selects appropriate transducer for current flow)
Data export: USB data streaming or batch downloads
Vacuum gauge: Digital scale, 0-30 inHg or 0-100kPa
- Electrical: 4-conductor circular connector with grounded shell
- Sample inlet: 1/2” stainless-steel instrumental quick-connect (alternative sizes available)
- Pitot connections: 1/4” stainless-steel instrumental quick connects
- Thermocouples: aux, stack, probe, oven, filter, exit
Power: 120 V, 150 W, 24V/6.3A, IEC C-14 inlet
Dimensions: H17” x W17” x D12” (43 cm x 43 cm x 30.5 cm)
Weight: 39 lbs (17.7 kg) base